4.28.2010

her purr is weak, but her heart is strong



hey everyone. Today was extremely hard. I had to put my 18 year old cat asleep because her body was shutting down, and it hit me so hard:( she was such a little scardy cat. her name was SPOOKY! how cute huh? my mom was clever when she gave her that name, the exact same year i was born. We literally grew up together, even though she was a cat, i felt a really close connection to her. she never let me pet her because she was scared but in the past few months she let me touch her...pet her, love her, scratch her cute little ears and hear her purr and finally, i came to realize "maybe she trusts me now. maybe she knows shes not going to be around much longer and she gave me a shot?" I'll never know, since i dont speak to cats lol but i do know that she finally let me love her. following my new camera purchase i regret not taking any more pictures of her besides the one at the top here.I was going to take one last picture of her today but If she was a human I don't think she would of appreciated a picture of herself while she was sick...she was such a girly girl cat if that makes sense. she would be far to embarrassed since the sickness was overcoming. at the animal hospital today i was present with my mother as spooky received the injection. I never witnessed somethings life just slip away so easily, quietly, and peacefully. considering she was a classy cat, the injection entered her body and she glanced up and me and my mom as if she was saying "it's okay, it's going to be okay. i love you" then she began to close her glossy eyes and rest her head on her paw, very beautifully. it brought me to tears because she was such a outstanding cat, and she ultimately became apart of the family. Rest In Peace my precious and beautiful spooky. you will be greatly missed. xoxo Adam

8 comments:

  1. Aaaww thats so sad D: i love cats, theyre so cool. Wow Spooky was so beautiful! So good she had a great life living with you :)and its so cute to know you grew up together! I would like to do that if i have any kid (getting a kitty the same year he/she borns). If you let me i could name her Spooky, in honor of your sweet girly girl cat (and yes it makes sense, i can even imagina a girly girl cat).
    Again, she was really a beautiful cat *.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words made me cry coz I remembered time when my guinea pig Henry died. He was also sick and died day after may bday. Since that day I just cant buy any animal coz I don't want to lose it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been scrolling through your older posts lately to get a look at how your wonderful blog started. This post really resonated with me. My cats name is Spooky too and I love him with all my heart. He's my best friend. Even though this post is from a few years ago, I really just wanted to say how sorry I am. I lost my other cat a few years ago as well and I know that no matter how much time has passed, it is still so difficult. Much love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she knew that she was going to go and probably thought it wasn't so bad to let you pet her. I remember the last time I saw my dog before he disappeared. He let me hug him. I stopped hugging him since he got old and big. That day he was just like a little puppy. I waited for him for weeks before giving up and I cried my eyes out. But I tell myself that they have gone to better place to become incredible human (where I come from we believe they reincarnate as human).

    ReplyDelete