3.01.2013

OZ The Great & Powerful








Topman suit (see more here) HighschoolChoir bowtie (similar here) CanvasLandsEnd shoes (here) RiverIsland watch (more choices here)


photographer: MIKI SPIN


Any of my avid readers will tell you, I love creating wearable, realistic outfits inspired by current films. I've done a series of Harry potter looks, Series of unfortunate events, Twilight, James and the giant peach, Pirates of the Caribbean and most recently, Les Miserables. This upcoming week, we have a very special and whimsical flick coming out I've been looking forward to for a year now, OZ The Great and Powerful. James Franco, Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz all star in the highly anticipated prequel to one of the most classic films in american history, The Wizard of Oz. Now, I'm a huge 'Wicked' fan and love author Gregory Maguire's take on the beginning of oz, but I'm also open minded to this end as well. I'm gathering that this cinematic version will be closer (plot-wise) to L Frank Baum's children series which ignited this fantastical obsession. With all that being said, who else is going to see it opening weekend?!


As for the threads, I made the obvious choice to go for an (emerald) suit by Topman paired with my 1/4 vintage highschool chamber choir bowtie and vivid leather shoes with yellow(brick road) laces.



see the thing is, I don't need to click my heels together 3 times considering I'm already home...New York is where I'm meant to be and I'm so happy, and grateful because of it.




GALLA






1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    Do you mind telling us where did you get the suit ? The online shop or the actual one - in the street ?
    Thanks. I'd apreciate an answer.

    ReplyDelete